Countdown till March 9, 2022



 This will be my 2nd attempt to ride my bicycle from San Diego to St Augustine FL.  The first attempt in March 2020 was abruptly halted in Tombstone AZ on the 11th day due to the Covid Pandemic. My bike ships from Geneva NY to San Diego on February 15th.  I will fly from Florida to SD on March 9th and the ride starts from Ocean Beach San Diego on Saturday March 12th.  We will follow essentially the same route as 2020 with minor tweaks to take us to different sleeping locations, as the “Ride management” has been taken over by a different business. I believe that there will be 40 riders, including some of us that were together in 2020. 


Training ride to Naples Florida yesterday.  
Its flat but thats all we got in Florida. 


So just over 1 month to go.   Still sorting out my belongings, trying to keep to a minimum of 3 reasonable carry ons. Using the spare bedroom as my staging area. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Casa Grande to Catalina State Park

DeRidder LA to Mamou LA